Apr 06 , 2020
The beauty salon industry is one of the highest sources of revenue generation in the United States. In 2018 alone, the beauty salon industry drew in 5.24$ billion for hair care services and one of the most prominent treatments is facial hair removal.
Facial hair grow back rapidly; thus, we always find the need to keep visiting the salon. However, if we treat ourselves at home, we will be able to cut costs and save ourselves a significant amount of money. This article will present six different ways to remove facial hair at home. Find the facial hair removal treatment that best works for you.
Ways To Remove Facial Hair
Shaving, it is one of the most common facial hair removal techniques; however, the results do not last long. If you rely on shaving, you will find yourself repeating the process multiple times a week. Regardless of the type of shaver you use, all shaving machines will consist of a blade. The blade removes the hair at the surface of the skin.
Waxing is an effective way to remove facial hair at home. There are two forms of wax for facial hair removal, hard wax and soft wax; however, soft wax works best for facial hair removal. It is because the skin that layers the face is sensitive.
If you decide to wax away your facial hair, you will need a way to warm the wax to apply it each time. A wax warmer will make your life easier, but a microwave could do the trick.
How to wax away facial hair:
- Wash your hands with sanitizer to kill the germs.
- Clean your face using warm water.
- Hol the skin taut.
- Apply the wax over the desired area.
- Firmly grip the strip
- Pull in the direction the hair grows.
The leftover wax that is stuck to your skin can be removed using baby oil. Be sure to moisturize after waxing as it leaves your skin dry.
Depilatory creams are a great form of removing unwanted facial hair in the comfort of your home. The results achieved by depilatory creams last longer than shaving, and it costs less than waxing. Depilatory creams contain chemicals such as sodium, titanium dioxide, and barium sulfide. These chemicals help breakdown proteins in hair, causing them to dissolve and wash away.
How to apply depilatory creams for facial hair removal:
- Apply the depilatory cream over unwanted facial hair.
- Let the cream to sit on your face, anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes should do.
- Grab a wet cloth and gently wipe the cream away, the hair will come along with it.
- Rinse your face with water.
- Pat your face dry.
Although depilatory creams are gentle, they are prone to cause allergic reactions in some. Be sure to do a patch test. This will ensure that your skin does not have any allergic reactions due to the cream.
Patch test for depilatory cream:
- Apply a little bit of the cream to your skin.
- Look for any allergic reactions such as skin redness, bumps, or itchiness.
- Wait for 24h to observe any allergic reactions further.
- If there are no allergic reactions, proceed with using the depilatory cream for facial hair removal.
Tweezing is done through the use of tools such as a tweezer to remove facial hair. To remove your hair, you will need to pull hairs straight from the root with a pair of tweezers. Unlike waxing, shaving, or using depilatory creams, tweezing is explicitly designed for facial hair removal.
Tweezers are especially useful for reshaping your eyebrows. Compared to shaving, the results of tweezing last much longer. The results of tweezers can last anywhere from three to eight weeks, depending on how skillfully it has been applied.
How to use tweezers:
- Wipe your face with a warm cloth.
- It will soften the skin.
- Isolate the hairs you want to pluck.
- Hold your skin taught.
- Pluck one hair at a time.
- Pluck your hair towards the direction of your hair growth.
- Be sure to hold the tweezers firmly.
A vital step to follow is to ensure that you disinfect your tweezers before and after use. It will ensure that no bacteria is transferred via the tweezers.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal provides the most prolonged results. It is a semi-permanent solution that results in new hair growth for close to six months.
As the name suggests, laser hair removal devices use a laser beam to remove hair. The pulsating beams of the laser cause damage to the hair follicles that results in facial hair removal. The hair which grows back after laser hair removal treatment is more delicate and less noticeable. Overtime laser hair removal can also provide with permanent removal of your hair.
How to use laser hair removal tools:
- Clean your face with warm water.
- Shave existing hair.
- Place the laser hair removal device over the top of the hair to begin treatment.
- Repeat every two weeks to stop hair growth permanently.
Redness and tenderness are common side effects of using laser hair removal devices, and you can negate these by icing the face after treatment. Proper use of this device can work wonders for hair removal.
Facial Epilation is one of the most effective ways of removing facial hair at the comfort of your home. With each treatment, you can stop hair growth for four weeks, which is longer compared to shaving or using tweezers and similar to waxing.
Facial Epilators come in a variety of different shapes and sizes, but they all work similarly. Facial Epilators grab multiple hairs and remove them from the roots with each pass.
How to use a facial epilator:
- Hold the epilator with a firm grip.
- Tilt the epilator at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Hold your skin taut.
- Follow through with the epilator in the direction of hair growth.
Two things to keep in mind while epilating:
- Glide the epilator over the skin slowly.
- Do not press the device too hard against your skin.
Final Take Away
There are different ways to remove facial hair; however, not all are the same. Regardless of the results, some might prefer shaving over other forms of facial hair removal as they might be more comfortable with shaving. However, they are recommended to try different ways of facial hair removal so that you can understand how to what suits their body the best. According to us, facial hair epiltors are the best. They are safe, comfortable and easy to use.
If you use improper facial hair removal techniques, you will most likely not benefit from the treatment. Be sure to follow the given instructions carefully.